Olivia, Krivitsky: Development of a Novel Biomaterial Post 1

Summary

Hi! For my first blog post, I am going to introduce a little bit about myself as well as a brief introduction to my project and the work I have done thus far! I hope you enjoy reading and learning a little more.
My name is Olivia Krivitsky and I am a rising senior at NYU Gallatin where my concentration is focused on studying translational medicine and health equity. Additionally, I am very passionate about sustainability and conservation and feel that we have a responsibility to take care of the environment. For my summer fellowship, I am merging my passion for both chemical engineering and sustainability to create a novel biomaterial to help curb the extensive waste generated in the textile industry. Crystallized by my passion for sustainability and environmental studies, I hope that my project can help innovate the textile industry. I have always been very passionate about working with materials, such as mycelium and believe that such materials have the potential to truly innovate the sustainability sector. Right now, I am working extensively on the research and development process of creating a nanofiber through reading literature, setting up experiments, and talking with other experts in the field. I am really excited to take you guys along this development process with me. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!

My name is Olivia Krivitsky and I am a rising senior at NYU Gallatin where my concentration is focused on studying translational medicine and health equity. Additionally, I am very passionate about sustainability and conservation and feel that we all have a great responsibility to take care of the environment and planet.

For my summer fellowship, I am merging my passion for both chemical engineering and sustainability to create a novel biomaterial to help curb the extensive waste generated in the textile industry. Crystallized by my passion for sustainability and environmental studies, I hope that my project can help innovate the textile industry. I have always been very passionate about working with materials, such as mycelium and believe that such materials have the potential to truly innovate the sustainability sector. Right now, I am working extensively on the research and development process of creating a nanofiber through reading literature, setting up experiments, and talking with other experts in the field. I had the opportunity to speak with my mentor today and I am really excited to take you guys along this development process with me. Please feel free to reach out with any questions!