Dear Miss Rosalee

Dear Miss Rosalee,

Hi, Rose. I’m going to miss spending time and hanging out with you and your family this Christmas holiday, since I can’t make it to Atlanta as planned. My granddaughter, Kizzie, will be visiting Barbados for her Christmas holiday from the United Kingdom, and I want to be there to spend that special holiday with her. As you know, I haven’t seen her in person for many years, only on video chats.

I’m going to miss our time together preparing for the holiday. I’ll miss decorating the Christmas tree and the front lawn with all the lights; figures of Santa Claus, reindeers, and the sled; and I’ll miss wrapping the Christmas gifts for you, Gabby, and your mom. Don’t even get me started about planning the Christmas menu for breakfast, brunch, and dinner. Aw man, it was going to be so good, especially with the ideas I had.

I know that you’ll be disappointed by my absence, but I know you’ll understand the importance of me spending time with my granddaughter. I will for sure video call you on Christmas to chat. I’ll miss you terribly. Happy Holidays to you and your family until next time, bestie. Loads of love and hugs!

Your Bestie for Life,

Lilith

Lilith GriffithsLilith Griffith, age fifty-two, is from St. Peter, Barbados, and has been visiting New York since 2010. The youngest of ten children, Lilith Griffith has loved reading books and writing short stories since the age of seven. She studies at the Eastern Parkway Adult Learning Center with her teacher Marylyn Williams. The site adviser is Donna Alleyne.