Best Day Ever

*

The best day of my life was in July 2019. It was a sunny, beautiful day. I came back home from work. My son, who was 13 years old, said to me, “Happy Birthday,” and showed me a birthday cake. “I made it by myself.” Wow, I was so surprised and happy. The cake smelled so good, and it also was beautiful. It was a chocolate cake. Before, my son had never baked a cake. He learned it from YouTube.

Then, my son gave me a gift and a birthday card. Some sweet words were written on the card by my son. “Mom, Happy Birthday! I wish you happiness every day, and health forever! I love you!” That was his first time writing such sweet words to me. That was the happiest birthday for me. That was the best day of my life. I will keep it in my mind forever.

*
*

''Jiezhen Liang writes: “I was born in Guangdong, China. My family and I came to the U.S. in 2017 to give my son a better education. Now I am studying English at Columbia University’s Community Impact ESOL with Kent Katner. I see my son getting better and better and loving me more and more, and I feel extremely happy and gratified.”