If you could design your own MA degree, what would it look like?
Gallatin lets you answer that question.
Located in the heart of New York’s historic Greenwich Village, the Gallatin School of Individualized Study offers an interdisciplinary program in which MA students draw on all of the resources of NYU’s graduate and professional schools. Gallatin graduate students work closely with a faculty adviser to bring together their academic interests, passions, and experiences to create an individualized, interdisciplinary program that culminates in a final research, artistic, or project thesis. Read about our graduate program, including how to apply.
Our MA students are as diverse as the concentrations they develop and range from recent college graduates to professionals seeking to enhance their existing expertise or to change careers. What they share is the motivation to embrace the challenge of interdisciplinary study and the independence and intellectual curiosity to shape and direct their own path. Gallatin Dean’s Graduate Scholarships are available to incoming MA students who begin the program in fall 2017.
Sample Concentrations include:
- Art, Politics, and Post-Colonial Theory
- Economics, Business, International Development
- Education Policy and Advocacy
- Epistemology, Art, and Cognitive Science
- Feminist Theory: Spoken Word and Social Change
- Film and Middle Eastern Studies
- Health Policy and Mass Communications
- History, Museum Studies, and Writing
- Human Rights and Child Advocacy
- Music, Culture, and Media
- Narrative Archetypes in Popular Culture
- Performance, Digital Technology, and Arts Activism
- Race and Ethnicity in Asian Literature
- Sexual and Gender Minority Rights
- Social Entrepreneurship in Africa
- The Arts and Social Change
- Urban Agriculture and Sustainable Community Development
- Visual Communication
Create a course of study as singular as you are.